Mehmet Efendi Turkish coffee
- Turkish coffee is considered one of the most and the finest types of coffee and the most consumed and consumed in Turkey, the Arab world and the West.
- In its beginnings, coffee was a manifestation of the prestige and prestigious social status enjoyed by the upper class only until Mehmet Effendi came and spread it among the rest of society.
- Mehmet Effendi coffee became the best type of Turkish coffee that is famous to this day, to be prepared in the most famous and best cafes and also served in every home and in All happy occasions beside Turkish sweets
- Then we will learn in this article about the beginning and emergence of Muhammed Effendi coffee, why it was called by this name, how it was developed, how the distribution process, and what are the benefits of Muhammed Effendi Turkish coffee.
- About the beginning and development of the establishment of Mehmet Effendi coffee
Coffee was sold green in the 19th century and roasted at home and grinded in manual coffee grinders until Muhammad Effendi came and took over the family business in (1871) and started with the idea of roasting, grinding, storing and selling raw coffee beans in family-owned roasters and mills.
- Thanks to Mehmet Effendi, coffee lovers were able to enjoy the wonderful taste and taste, and he soon became known as (Kurukahveshti Mehmet Effendi) or Mehmet Effendi, the seller of roasted and ground coffee.
- Mehmet Effendi died in 1931 and then his business moved to his three sons : Hassan Salahuddin Bey-Khulusi Bey – Ahmed Reza Bey, after the death of Muhammad Effendi, his eldest son, Hassan Salah al-Din, realized the importance of the international market.
- He began to promote the Turkish coffee of Muhammad Effendi internationally abroad until it became famous and spread all over the world.
- In 1934, the family of Muhammad Effendi decided to make the name of the coffee official, which is “Koroka Hevici”
Why is Mehmet Effendi’s coffee called “Koruka Hvichi”?
- Kuruka Heveci in Turkish means “seller of roasted ground coffee” and Mehmet Efendi is the name of the founder of the company.
- During the Ottoman rule, the Ottomans used to buy raw coffee beans, roast them and grind them at home to make their own Turkish coffee.
- Mehmet Effendi took over his family’s small business in 1871 and began roasting ground coffee on a larger scale, thus becoming “Kuruka Hvichi” Mehmet Effendi coffeemaker.
- Mehmet Effendi uses a blend of Brazilian Arabica beans, the evolution of Mehmet Effendi coffee
After Muhammed Effendi’s coffee became famous in Turkey and all over the world, Hasan Bey decided to develop equipment and tools, so he started giving a signal to the engineers to start redesigning the shops to include points of sale and another place for roasting.
- Then, all the task of designing the name “Muhammad Effendi” to the Turkish designer “Ihab Hulusi Guri”, after the sudden death of Hulusi Bey, the company passed to the hands of Muhammed Effendi’s youngest son, “Ahmed Reza Kurkaveci”, where Ahmad received his education abroad and was interested in his international relations that helped him To modernize and develop the company and invest in advertising for Muhammed Effendi coffee
Mehmet Effendi coffee distribution
Mehmet Effendi coffee began to be packed in paper bags as a new form for the first time in Turkey, and then coffee was distributed to shops and groceries by cars. Cars for the company, and then a second branch of Muhammed Effendi Coffee was opened in Galatasaray, until Muhammed Effendi Coffee Company became managed by the third and fourth generation of the Kurukahevichi family, when they used modern technology of high quality that was a distinctive feature of Muhammed Effendi Coffee Company, Until it achieved global fame, it began exporting Mohamed Effendi coffee to more than 55 countries around the world in Europe, America, Asia, Australia and Africa in modern packages.
Benefits of Mehmet Efendi Turkish coffee :
- There are many benefits to coffee in general, and in particular, Mehmet Efendi Turkish coffee is rich in antioxidants, and it contains a high percentage of caffeine, and here are some of the health benefits of Mehmet Efendi Turkish coffee, which are :
Coffee helps reduce the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease, dementia and Alzheimer’s
Mehmet Efendi coffee contains cardamom, which is added to Turkish coffee.
- This helps reduce the risk of chronic diseases, because it contains many antioxidants that reduce inflammation in the body.
- Turkish coffee helps the nervous system, activates the mind and strengthens memory, because it contains caffeine.
- Mehmet Efendi Turkish coffee contains a percentage of vitamin B2 riboflavin, which helps in the production of red blood cells and is also a regulator of enzymes.
- Mehmet Efendi Turkish coffee benefits alertness and moods, so those who drink coffee feel happy
- Mehmet Efendi Turkish coffee benefits the skin, as Turkish coffee stimulates the secretion of collagen, which is important for the freshness and youth of the skin
- Helps reduce estrogen, which increases in estrogen, which leads to some types of cancer and also causes strokes
- Muhammed Effendi coffee burns fat due to caffeine, which speeds up the digestion of carbohydrates, which is the main cause of excess weight.